Monday 24 November 2014

Practices using aperture, shutter speed

Introduction
To get to know how to use the camera I had to experiment with its options and settings so I know which settings get the best quality images. However this varies depending on the lighting provided when taking the image.

Shutter speed









In this image is set up the shutter speed to 10 seconds in the middle of the night and used a torch to get the streaks of light in the image. I set up the camera on a bench clicked the button ran in front of the camera and started to wave my arm but technically I could write something in thin air using this technique making some amazing images.









In this image I have used normal shutters speed of 60th or 100th I’m not too sure. This image was taken in the morning and it was -13 degrees making the grass frozen and sparkling white. The sun had just come up over the tree line making it very bright however I still kept it in the shot due to the glare effect it has.









In this image I wanted to see how the image would turn out when taking it at 4000th of a second when it was very bright also I was in a car at the time. I rolled down the window, took the image and it mainly captured the rays which were entering the lens directly from the sun. You can see the tree line in the back but it is very dark.

Aperture 










In this image the aperture quite low making the image lighter as it was very dark and this made the image much more dramatic. I like this image the most as you are able to see to see the fireplace itself but it is dark which make the fire stand out and this catches my eye. Aperture is used to make images more dramatic as aperture makes the images darker.









In this image the setting was rather light so I used the aperture to make this simple image quite dramatic by hiring the aperture so more less light travels in the lens making the image dramatic.        I focused the camera on the iPod being held by my niece while she took a photo.









This image was taken by my brother but I set up all the setting so the image is not as bright as the light is shining right at the camera creating lots of lens flare. I set up the aperture to be rather high so less light travels in the lens making the image darker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment